Thursday, October 25, 2007

Five Tips For Shopping A Swimsuit For Full Figure

After a long winter hiding in bulky clothing, it’s the time to enjoy sun bathing at the beach!
“Shopping for swimsuit” can strike fear in most of us, especially if you have curves. God created people in different shapes so we make different styles of swimwear to suit them. The important thing is to know your body (bust, waist, hips and shape) then you should have no problem in finding a fit and flattering plus size bathing suit
What styles of plus size swimwear should you choose? That’s an interesting question!
Again, it depends on your shape, ideally, you should have a swimsuit that accentuates your curve and minimises your flaws.
- To camouflage large hips: Go for Tankiniwith solid dark colour (black; navy…) bottom and printed top to drive the eye upward.
- To minimise tummy: Look for skirtini or swim dress with edges that turn up at the sides. This will make your legs look longer and the skirt looks sexier.
- To create curves for your boyish shape: Long tankini top with printed halter neck would be a good choice.
- To support your large bust: Choose one piece or two piece togs with halter neck which will lift your bust and make it look firmer.
- If your bust is small: Try one piece or tankinis with underwire and padded bras.
Another important thing for plus size swimwear feature is to have tummy control mesh lining; the net liner will make your tummy look firmer and flatter.
I hope these tips will help! Don’t forget to visit my online boutique http://www.curvysea.com/

2 comments:

uhuru1701 said...

I found the link to your blog on the help forum for Blogger. I was trying to find out how to search Blogger blogs but I guess you have to go to Technorati now to search blogs by subject.

Anyway, I am a plus size and one of the most heartbreaking things to do is try to find a good swimsuit that doesn't look like "fat OLD lady" style.

The worst time for me is when I found the perfect suit, I loved the way it looked, it even hid my tummy, it looked sexy and beautiful and then I turned sideways and the low cut top to below the breast line showed that my boobs were saggy and flat like an old lady and I wasn't even that old then! It was awful.

I wanted a suit cut just like that suit but inside with stronger support for the breasts and not so low cut that it shows they hang flat a bit. I guess a lot of mature women (over 30) might have that problem.

Anyway, I have several blogs and if you are looking for fun ways just to WASTE TIME, you might enjoy my Brain Farts blog at http://uhurublog3.blogspot.com

I have blogs for writers and a political blog (American politics) and a religious blog. But the Brain Farts blog is purely for fun and wasting time.

Good luck with your blogging!

Cindy Wyden said...

Hi uhuru1701,
Thanks for your comment! I know it's not easy to find a good bathing suit which is flattering your body, have you tried a suit with halter neck or/and underwire?
The halter neck can greatly support your bust as you can adjust the halter straps.
Your blog is quite good for relaxation! I just have a quick look but I'll come back to it tonight.
Cindy